Dead End: The Road Signs

By: Sid Charles

Do you know someone that displays the common signs of Depression? Someone who is completely down and negative about themselves, to the point they feel worthless and inadequate. A person that spends a lot of their time sleeping, or an individual that has had suicidal thoughts or attempts. Many are experiencing this demoralizing disease, they literally feel confined with no foreseeable future. As a result, some may turn to a variety of outlets to manage and alleviate the empty feeling, outlets that give them a false, and often short-lived sense of relief. Others may end their lives, seeing suicide as the only option to bring an end to a deteriorating and incapacitating situation.
Depression is not a sin and we should not be ashamed to acknowledge that we may very well be unhappy. Job experienced a series of assaults in every area of his life, his faith was tested, and he endured and overcame. Not on his own merits, but “… through Christ which strengthen me…” (Philippians 4:13). Depression took hold of him, to the point where he stated these heartfelt words… “and now my soul is poured out upon me; the days of affliction have taken hold upon me” (Job 30:16).
Once we have arrived at the decision to commit suicide, we are truly at our “Dead End”. That road may seem like an end from which no exit is possible; and suicide is the only way out. Rest assured, we have PEACE (Jeremiah 29:11). The PEACE that Jesus Christ “… Will not fail you, nor
forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6). I am here to tell you to claim to Christ’s promises; which are plenteous and innumerable. Some of which are stated below:
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)
Individuals battling depression may experience the doubt that they will never rest easy and that nothing and no one can help them. It is essential to know, be that as it may, that these sentiments can be dealt with. The Word of God is undeniably an invaluable resource if you are experiencing depression or if you have a friend or loved one who may be unhappy.
            The Word is often disregarded, but never lacks the overwhelming power to conquer anything, if we “... have faith as a grain of mustard seed…” (Matthew 17:20) we can move mountains! These mountains in our lives may come in any form or shape, depression is one of many. The presence of Jesus Christ in our lives can enable us to comprehend our feelings and guide us to the best emotional well-being. Job’s reward did not come overnight, at times it seemed like the road was at a dead end. Nonetheless, Christ’s promises never wavered. The same goes for you! Despite the obstacles and trials, one may face, if you just “… touch his garment, I shall be whole.” (Matthew 9:21). May God bless you!

God Says:
I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)
All things are possible (Luke 18:27)
I love you (John 3:16)
I forgive you (Romans 8:1)
It will be worth it (Romans 8:28)
I will give you wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:30)
I am able (2 Corinthians 9:8)
My grace is sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9)
I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)
I have not given you fear (2 Timothy 1:7)
I will never leave you (Hebrews 13:5)

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS SUBJECT, I’D LIKE TO SHARE THIS BLESSING OF A SERMON WITH YOU.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Having the Faith of Jesus

State of Emergency

Heaven on Earth