The Birth of A Missionary



 By: Ki'moy Smith


It has always been my dream to become an Obstetrician-Gynecologist; the birth of a child always fascinated me. Imagine helping one of God’s creations to come into this world, beautiful isn’t it? But with everything I was learning I knew devoting my time to rigorous worldly studies and prolonged university attendance wasn’t what God wanted for me. I would have no time to hear his voice, if my focus was this worldly achievement.
While watching a documentary on a midwife based in Africa, I realized my calling. She would go to remote areas where healthcare was an unknown word and with love and dedication attended to pregnant mothers. “God is this what you’re calling me to do? Are you calling me to bring your message to the world while helping the physical needs? Okay I’m in!!!”
“Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.” (Isaiah 6:8)
I have a deep love for babies and a fondness for mission trips, so I thought, “Why not combine both?” With perfect timing Hartland College was presented to me clearly, as an opportunity to combine my two passions. Praise God! His timing is perfect. I will be attending the two-year program, and possibly the four-year program at the Hartland Institute in Virginia for the Midwife Ministry. Hartland trains young people from all over the world to spread the Three Angels’ Messages, with a renewed emphasis on supporting the worldwide mission and the ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Hartland’s unique program combines solid principles, high standards, deep biblical knowledge, practical hands-on experience, effective on-campus and community outreach, agricultural training, and academic study.
Lately I’ve been asking God to perform some miracles and praying for faith to trust Him. I’ve made a mental choice to do some ‘extreme mission work’ after finishing ministry school, which will require self-denial, a lack of material things, but most of all TOTAL dependence on God. This ‘extreme mission work’ is to go to third-world countries and as a Mid-Wife and Medical Missionary, minister to the physical needs of others as well as their Spiritual needs. If God sees fit I will also attach myself to a Sanitarium, both decisions require faith.
We know that “A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.”Proverbs 16:9. I’ve seen where God has been leading. Praise God!! Doors are being opened. I believe prior to seeing God’s hand moving, I was very much like Naaman. Do you remember Naaman who had the leprosy? When he went before Elijah for a healing, he became angry when his actual prescription was different from what he anticipated.  See, he thought Elijah would come out and touch him and call on God for healing, he expected a dramatic scene. Instead, he was told to dip in the murky waters of the Jordan River.
So how does this apply to me you ask? I came to God with a preconceived idea of what my blessing would be, and how I would receive it. I thought ‘Ok, I know this is what you will do’ and ‘This is how You’re going to come through for me.’ When it didn’t happen that way, I got disappointed and started to have doubt in what I knew was God’s directions for me.
The following verse came to mind. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9 (KJV) I was doing all I can to meet God half way, to show him that I’m serious, because I honestly did not know when or how my tuition was to be paid. But hey! That is not my problem, it is His, even when I don’t understand or see His plan, I will trust Him.
The devil is not happy about this calling of my life, so I was not surprised when he launched his attack. But while watching a sermon I was reminded not to doubt God in the darkness, with all He had shown me in the light. Total dependence on God requires me to doubt my doubts.
If it is His will.
He will pay the bill.
If you feel impressed and would like to donate to this beautiful cause
Here is the link below


Be blessed <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having the Faith of Jesus

State of Emergency

Heaven on Earth